Monday, December 3, 2012

Solitude (Growing Up)

It's an strange thing, being away from your parents. It's also a fact of life that you have to grow up and leave the safe and caring environment that your parents are supposed to have provided for you. The even stranger part is realizing that you're taking care or yourself for the first time. It's up to you to put the food on the table, wash your clothes, do the chores...

At first, it can be daunting. I know some people who left home and found themselves at a loss for what they were supposed to do. Without someone to guide them, they made some stupid mistakes. I know others who embraced the freedom and solitude, finding it easier to deal with the occasional oppressing loneliness that threatens.

I've found myself wondering how to fill my days more and more lately. While I am an adult, I've never been so far from my parents. I know that I'll miss them, but they have many adventures ahead of them. As for me, this is only the first step on a journey of a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment