Sunday, September 30, 2012

LeakyCon and the Eternal Wait

Seeing as this is the next big event in my life, I feel the need to blog about this.  That's right.  LeakyCon, the biggest Potter convention that still operates regularly.  Why is this such a big deal?  Two reasons:  One, it's freaking LeakyCon, and they're doing TWO this year.  Two, I'm actually planning on going.  Some of you will have already seen my vlog on the matter.  Well, there's a lot more to it than that.

Here's the deal:

LeakyCon has been held every year since 2011, though there was one in 2009.  Officially, I think it's the biggest Harry Potter convention in the world at the moment.  Most other convetions/get-togethers have fizzled out.  Remember WrockStock?  Yeah, cancelled.  The only big thing Potterwise besides Leaky next year is the World Cup.

Now, those of you who know all about LeakyCon, you can all take a five minute break as you skim what I'm writing.  LeakyCon 2013 will be held in Portland.  That's right, Portland.  For those of you who don't know, that's in Oregon.  The other Leaky will be held in London, and that's already sold out.  If that doesn't tell you how big Leaky is, you must be Martian.

Now, while I'm still saving up the money to get to Leaky, the wait is killing me.  Next summer cannot come soon enough!  For those of you who are planning to go, I'll see you there.  I'm sure you'll find me with a camera in hand.  For those of you who aren't going, sucks to be you.  I tease, of course.  I'll try to get every moment on camera for you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment