Thursday, October 4, 2012

My Old Foe: Procrastination

Unfortunately, the idle mind brews an idle body.  I've been terrible this week when it comes to procrastination.  My life has gone from far to busy to not busy enough for my tastes.

That's a rather odd thought, in and of itself.  I typically complain that there's not enough time in the day.  Now, I spend my days sleeping, wishing there was less time in the day so I could actually feel like I accomplished something.  However, time is not something that likes to accommodate us when we snap our fingers.  Instead, it continues to move at the same constant rate, no matter what we do.

Well, that's not actually true.  In the words of someone great, time isn't a straight line.  I won't get into the physics, though.  For the sake of this blog, time progresses fairly linearly.  Moving on.

Now, the trick, overcoming procrastination.  I haven't found a good cure.  Even making a schedule doesn't seem to work.  I still do the stuff on it before the day is up, but I put it off until right before bedtime.  Ah, well, a conundrum for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment