Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fowl Dream Team (Part 1 possibly)

Yesterday, I managed to finish the final Artemis Fowl book.  It was a mixture of happiness, sadness, and utter depression.  Basically, I was suffering from a severe case of the feels.  After all, I've only grown up with this series.  Why shouldn't I feel a little upset?

Now, in a recent vlog, I promised my Artemis Fowl dream cast.  However, I really don't have all that many actors I can see as characters.  There are some I know I would definitely cast if I was directing the movie, but people like Holly and Arty?  Forget about it.  I have such a vivid image of them in my head that finding someone who fits that description and image is nigh impossible.  However, I'm going to give you a list of four people I do know I would cast.  Here we go.

  • Foaly- Steve Coogan
    Before anyone says it, and I know some of you are thinking it, I know he's a bit of a goof.  I know he's not exactly what most people see when they think Foaly, but I think he could pull off the sarcastic centaur easily.
  • Artemis Fowl I - Tom Hiddleston/Robert Carlyle
    I have two actors I could see in this role, which makes it a draw.  Tom is an amazing actor with such a range.  He's just brilliant and I love him.  Robert Carlyle is the same way.  Honestly, he's the only actor I've found who can play a character who is supposed to be so evil, and yet, he's not at the same time.  It's an interesting contrast and I would be happy to see either of these amazing men in that role.
  • Mulch Diggums - Lee Arenberg
    The second OUaT cast member on my list, Lee is probably best known for his role in Pirates of the Carribean as Pintel.  Remember the shorter, grubby pirate?  Yeah, that's this amazing man.  I've seen him in several extremes and he always impresses me.  I think he's an amazing actor and honestly, he's the only person I can see as Mr. Diggums.
  • Butler - Jason Statham
    Go ahead.  Say it.  I know some of you are thinking it.  "Hasn't he had enough roles like this?"  Well, yes and no at the same time.  Butler is honestly the hardest person on this list to really cast in my opinion, and he's also one of the easiest.  It's not his size that appeals; he's actually much shorter than some of the other actors I considered.  However, it's his attitude.  He has a "don't mess with me" stance in all of his roles that I think is really necessary for the role as Butler.

There you have it.  Four people on my Fowl Dream Team.  I'll try to do at least one list per week if I manage to post more than once each week, but I make no promises.  However, do be on the lookout for more of my dream cast and maybe an announcement about my own novel, if I manage to finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment