Monday, April 23, 2012

Starkid and Vlogging

Ordinarily, at one o'clock in the morning, I'd rather be sleeping, or speaking to the lovely man in my life, but once again, I find myself blogging.  Heck, I could be playing Pokemon, and here I am.

Recently, I watched Starkid's new musical.  For those of you who don't know, Starkid is a theatre group which Glee's lovely Darren Criss is a part of.  Their musicals include Me and My Dick, A Very Potter Musical, A Very Potter Sequel, and recently Holy Musical, B@man.  Of course, they're probably better known in the non-Potter community for Starship.  While I ordinarily don't tell people to do things--no, that's not true, I am bossy--if you haven't seen these musicals, I strongly suggest you go watch them.  Not only will you laugh until you cry, the music is brilliant.

Now, recently, I watched HMB.  I fell in love with the songs and the way the story was presented.  The cast did a wonderful job of translating the characters of the only comic books I've ever read into live action.  I heard it described as very much like a comic book, and I can agree with that.  It was like going back to my roots with Batman's story, back to the original movies and some of the original comic books (I never claimed to have read more than a few, though, mind you).  Mixed in were references to other favorite stories of mine and I loved every minute of it.

Now, I come to another point I wanted to make.  As some of you know, I do have a YouTube channel, on which I post, or plan to post, my wizard rock.  However, as I am terrible about posting on here, I've considered starting vlogging.  It doesn't mean I would stop blogging, merely add something else to my list of hobbies.  I've yet to decide if I'll actually go through with it, though.  We'll just wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment